Friday, July 25, 2008

Just A Little Talk With Jesus

Oh! My Heavenly Father,
I just have to talk to you! Where else could I go but to you my Lord and my Saviour. YOU of course know all that is going on here. I worry about so much these days. I worry about how people are losing jobs. Will we? My husband's new job, will it continue on or will it close down like so many other companies? What would we do??
GOD says: Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God.”
OK.
Yes, I do know that. I've known that all along. You are God. That's why I'm coming to you. You see things are getting pretty tough here. Gas is so high! Bills are so high! Groceries are so high!! How can we keep up this way if things continue to get higher and higher.
GOD says: Matthew 6:25-33
25 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
English Standard Version

You're right. I knew I shouldn't worry. Especially about things like that. Lord, the world here is going crazy. So many people seem to have forgotten you and then there are so many who want your name removed from everything! Christians are being accused of hate whenever they stand up for your Word. People are so angry with Christians. So much anger!

GOD says: Isaiah 41:10
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
English Standard Version


Thank you. I did need to be reminded of that. YOU are with me and YOU do strengthen me and help me. Thank you!

There's just one more thing... you know it's really been dry here. We're kind of worried about our well. What if it goes dry? And then there are all the farmers' crops, and all the gardens....

GOD says: Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God.”
I know. I'm so sorry for worrying again. Please strengthen my faith LORD. Water is such a basic and important need.

God says: James 5:17-18
17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
(English Standard Version)

Prayer!
I need to talk to YOU more often!
Thank you so much my Heavenly Father for being so patient with all my worries. Please forgive me for worrying so much and not having faith in YOU. Please help my faith to become stronger. Thank you for always being there for me to talk with. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Just A Little Talk With Jesus

I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from heaven filled my soul
It bathed my heart in love and wrote my name above
And just a little talk with Jesus made me whole


Refrain:
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell Him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
He will answer by and by
Now when you feel a little prayer wheel turning
And you know a little fire is burning
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right

Sometimes my path seems dreary without a ray of cheer
And then the cloud about me hides the light of day
The mists in me rise and hide the stormy skies
But just a little talk with Jesus clears the way


Refrain
I may have doubts and fears, my eyes be filled with tears
But Jesus is a Friend who watches day and and night
I go to Him in prayer, He knows my every care
And just a little talk with Jesus makes it right

Refrain
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
Makes everything right

No comments: