Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No One Ever Told Me




No one ever told me
that when I held you for the first time You would take my breath away.
No one ever told me how your first smile would just melt my heart.
No one ever told me how your warm little arms around my neck could light up my whole life.
No one ever told me that your sweet little sticky kisses would be more precious than gold.
Then you grew.
No one ever told me that as teenagers you'd be so much fun!
Or, that your smile would still melt my hear.
No one ever told me how helpful and strong those little arms would grow to become;
or, that your hugs would still light up my whole life.
(Your sweet kisses are still worth more than gold to me!)
No one ever told me that I'd love you so much more today than that very first day.
(I never could imagine it would even be possible!)
No one ever told me what a wonderful blessing you would become.
wait...
Some ONE did tell me...

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5 (English Standard Version)


You are truly a blessing and a reward!



I am a very blessed woman!

2 comments:

Heather said...

This was just beautiful and had me fighting tears. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your words of encouragement :) ~Heather

Autumn S. said...

That is soooo sweet:) I love you, Mom!

Autumn